Sunday, September 14, 2008

Interview Preparation

One interesting article I read was "how to answer the toughest questions." I had always struggled with answering the salary question when I interviewed for a part time job. This article was helpful in suggesting different ways to select a range for your answer. I still feel like it's not a fair question for interviewees because there's no way to tell what answer they are looking for. I also enjoyed the advice from the "silly question." I've never been asked this yet at a job interview so it was good to hear how to prepare myself if this question ever came up because had i not read that article, i wouldn't be sure of what to say when i hear that question.

Another interesting article I read was "turning the tables on a bad interviewer." It was interesting because i've had a few interviews turn out like this where I felt I was more qualified than the person interviewing me. I liked some of the interesting ways they show you to keep the interview going and getting the information out that you want out if the interview isn't asking the right questions. The "ask for a tour" idea is probably pretty good since you can get in some good conversation and questions you may not have thought to ask beforehand. Both of these articles will help immensely for my next interview.

No comments: