Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where i want to be in 10 years...

In ten years, I see myself hopefully practicing law at a fairly prestigious law firm. My career goals as of now are not set in stone because im not 100% sure i want to go to law school but it seems to be the best option for me as of now. I hope to practice some sort of civil law which, for the average person, means arguing cases that involve disputes between two people usually relating to money or property.

In ten years, I hope to be fairly rich. The law profession pays fairly well depending on where and what you practice. But as of right now an attorney at an entry level position at a private firm makes $72,000/ year on average. I dont picture a mansion but I would like to be rich enough to not have to worry about money. I do plan on donating some of that money to charity just because I think its extremely selfish for anybody on this planet to make that much money (which is way more than they need) and keep it all to themselves. I might give money back to clemson however if the current tuition rates keep going up like they are, they might not need it when kids are paying 50,000 a year for school. I would like to keep my residence in Charleston if possible. That is where I'm from and I love it there. However, if a job cannot be found there I will have to go whereever the jobs are. I dont really seek fame for being a lawyer like cochran or kenneth star. I've often wondered what it would be like to be famous. Its something that if it was temporary, i would like to try it. I think getting that kind of attention for a little while would be kinda cool. Everybody recognizing you and wanting pictures. However, that would get old fast and once you're famous, you can't really turn back and that's not something I would want for the rest of my life or for my kids.

In 10 years, I hope to have either been recently married or have already met the person i want to spend the rest of my life with. I dont understand the people that are already willingly getting married and having kids at my age. Dont you know you have the rest of your life for that? In 10 years I also plan to maybe have an infant or be in the process of trying for a couple children. I want no more than 3 (2 sounds better). I dont understand the people with 8 kids. That is the point in your life where "fun" starts packing its things and getting ready to leave. I would love to have kids but i still want a life of my own. I would liked to have traveled a little. Travel isnt as high on my agenda as some other people. I have no idea what my kids names will be but I plan to raise them just as my parents raised me because they were the best parents I could ask for. Just because i'm rich does not mean I will allow my kids to act like those brats from that sweet 16 mtv show. if my kids act like that, im calling dss to come take them away. I think that pretty much sums up where I'd like to be in ten years.

No comments: